Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Synagsis

They had their first shot today...Serena held her breath and cried for a few seconds...Edwin SCREAMED the most pitiful scream and cried for about 2 minutes. Poor things.
I am happy with their weights: Serena 16 pounds 4.5 ounces...this is almost a full pound gain since 10/2. It is obviously from the huge increase in baby and table food she now eats. This morning it was scrambled eggs with melted American cheese which they both loved! Plus baby food bananas and applesauce and a butter cookie (each one has 40 calories...and I eat about 20 a day!)
Edwin weighed 17 pounds 12 ounces, and this is over a pound since 10/2. I hope they continue to enjoy new foods we introduce and continue to gain weight. Weight gain and growth equal new lung tissue which of course leads to better respiratory status. On that note, E.J. will be at only 200ccs as of this Friday which means only 2 more weans by 50ccs until we are at our minimum of 100ccs!!! I can't wait to see my little man's face without the tube and tape!

5 comments:

Miracles said...

GREAT NEWS! Keep up the good work Serena & Edwin.

abby said...

Hallie *bawled* at her synagis shot yesterday. Several times, actually. She totally knew what was coming, bawled in anticipation and then bawled and kept bawling throughout. This is spite of the presence of fluffy puppy, big bird, and elmo, whom she clung to for dear life. Poor Sharon (who had to help hold her down and witness this) and poor Hallie. Ultimately, though, poor me, since I have to be the baddy at the next SIX shots (November, December, January, February, March, and April). Thank goodness we're approved, but how in the world are we going to survive all of this!

Nathali said...

Michael is getting so annoyed with his nasal canula and CONSTANTLY pulls it out and sucks on it. Edwin has been on the canulah much longer and I can imagine that you are looking forward to the day with nothing on his face!!!

tbonegrl said...

I'm working *so* hard on getting synagis for my boys...

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS news. They sure look great! I think I'm gonna make some eggs and cheese for breakfast in the morning. Thanks for the fabulous idea! S and E seem to be doing great, reflective a fabulous Mom!