Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Tomorrow's the pulmonology appointment

Thanks all for the words of encouragement on my last post. As I recognize, Champ has come so far and more O2 is not the end of the world, I just anxiously await the day we are free of tubes, wires, tanks, and monitors.
Serena Bean has been showing me she is very close to that goal. She will NOT wear her cannula anymore. Well she does, but is ALWAYS tearing it offher face, which makes me not want to put tape on because then it will really hurt when she decides to tear the cannula off and eat it.


Edwin does the same thing, but I'm so quick to put it back up his nose that I haven't captured it on camera yet.
So everynight I wake up and look at Serena and she has her cannula out. She is always satting in the mid-high 90s. She is doing amazing.
She has sounded kind of congested the past couple of days and I am worried, however, her sats are good, no fever, and no buggers that I can see. So I plan to wait until tomorrow to have the pulmonologist look at her.
I am happy we are going to the pulmonologist tomorrow so they can take a look at both kiddos.
Well I will have more info about Beanie and Champ after tomorrow's Drs visit. For now here are some sweet pictures of my loves.

Yes this is me, Beanie...Grammy put me in my brother's car seat

Champ

Champ

Beana

Beana

I always try and capture Edwin's eye color but it's tough...they either turn red or look darker than they are. They are a greenish/grey

Champ in Beana's car seat

2 comments:

1stson24weeks said...

Hey Stephanie
I just read your comment on my site, and I would love it if maybe someday we could maybe get together so I could here a little more of your story. I have read almost all of your blog, but I still have SOOO many questions (which I am sure your sick of answering at this point, I know I am..) But there are so many things that I still don't understand or not sure what to expect, you know? I'm sure you obviously have your hands full, but even if we could maybe just talk on the phone if you had a few minutes one day.
Anyway so yes Bryce is on Vapo Therm.. So far so good. I guess it just came back 2 or 3 months ago. He was on CPAP for a few days but was getting too many boogers and getting clogged so they decided just to try Vapo.. We'll see. Hopefully he doesn't get to tired and give up. Anyway I don't want to keep blabbing this was just supposed to be a quick comment, but I would like to say that your kids are so cute and that I keep you guys in my prayers that the kids stay strong and healthy! Thanks Again!
Erika

Miracles said...

I can never get over how big they are getting every time I check in. Stay positive on Champ, he'll get there soon enough. Your doing a great job!