Saturday, November 15, 2008

Pulmonology and other news

The kids have been sleeping through the night with no O2 and have maintained high sats all night. Because of this, we got the ok to d/c their monitors while asleep. Great news! Only, I'm not ready. I'll wean myself off the monitor someday. For now, it doesn't bother the kids, so I'll keep it on.
We don't go back for NINE months!!! Hurray!!!!

In other news, our trip was fun. I missed the kids, but it was nice to be warm for a bit. They did very well without us and didn't seem too sad we were gone; which made me pretty sad. But they have an amazing Grammy and I'm sure that had a whole lot to do with it.

Both kids are doing well. Edwin is making more sounds and attempts to talk. Via a referral from my friend Kelly, I got an intake form for him at an intensive speech clinic through Children's Hospital in Boston. I look forward to his eval with them, which will hopefully be within a month or so. (We'll be on the cancellation list.)
He is doing MUCH better with balance, standing, and in his walker...new video to come soon.

Serena is doing well. Learning her letters and putting words together. The fact that she can't walk down steps is scary, because she thinks she can. We had a pretty nasty fall at a birthday party today when she thought she could walk off the step and landed face first before anyone could grab her. No blood...just redness. She was fine thank god, but she has some gross motor issues and the developmentalist noted n NICU follow up that she has some overall low tone as well. PT will likely begin working with her as well.

This week they will begin speech therapy class at EI. The bus will pick them up with the nurse and bring them to the EI clinic where they will have "class" from 10:30-12. I'll be at work :( but will take at least one day off to check it out.
Exciting!!!!

1 comment:

Randi said...

That fall sounds scary! The boys had that last month where they thought they could go down the stairs, but really couldn't. Now, they just slide down on their bellies. It is very funny to watch!