Saturday, January 10, 2009

Serena pooped in the potty!!!

Ok, ok, so it was a fluke, but she did!
I took the potty out for the FIRST time tonight, and told her she was going to be like Mommy and Daddy and go poop and pee on the potty (we have ZERO privacy and they have been in the bathroom while we use it zillions of times and she is certainly aware of the "big" potty.)
So I took off her diaper and told her to sit. She whined and didn't seem to think it was a good idea. Then Daddy took her into the bathroom with her potty and he sat on the "big potty" (TMI sorry). I guess she sat on it and pooped, because when I came in to check less than a minute later, she was still kind of whining, but yet still sitting, and I picked her up and in her potty was...well you get it. I almost took a picture but I thought that might be a little weird. Edwin and I clapped and congratulated her and she looked really confused. She even said "EEEWWW" which she does when I change her diaper now because I guess I say that a lot...lol. I tried to get her to sit again because I knew she wasn't done (TMI to explain how I knew), but she didn't want to and I didn't force the issue. She then proceded to poop in her diaper without saying anything, so she isn't too bothered by going in the diaper yet, although I do think she could "get" the concept of the potty and will continue to try a couple of times a day. I'd LOVE to have her potty trained before daycare, but that may be an unrealistic goal...we'll see though.
Anyway, what a huge milestone for my big girl!!!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congrats!!!!

Being potty trained is WONDERFUL for mom!

Heather said...

Congrats to Serena!! Braydon is potty training but will ask for a diaper to poop!

Shannon said...

Yay Serena!!!!

I cannot believe how big they are getting in their recent pics! You guys are such a beautiful family!!!

Kellars Mommy said...

Ok so I totally feel you on the "no privacy" in the bathroom, I can't count the times I have had Kellar sitting on my lap b/c he was trying to crawl up me like a monkey and rather than him pull me off the potty I just give in and pick him up, lol..The things we do for our kids! I have said I'm going to get serious about getting him potty trained but it's been slow going for sure and in all honesty I think in the back of my head I'm thinking no more diapers means my baby is growing up..decisions decisions...lol

Randi said...

Hi!
I know about the fluke aspect. Tony did a poop a couple of weeks ago and was rewarded with a hershey kiss. If I see the boys pushing, I ask "Would you like to use the potty?" Nate has done a poop yet, but they say boys usually take longer anyway. I have no idea.
That is great though! Go Serena!

readerof23wkblog said...

So mine poops in the tub today and yours pooped on the potty! I am sooo jealous!!

Stacy
www.thepreemieexperiment.blogspot.com