Thursday, July 16, 2009

He walks!!!


Waling over to the tv


Turns the channel on the tv, now losing his balance

Faaallling!

Back on his feet again!!!


On Monday July 13, 2009 our boy took 6-7 independent steps in his carpeted playroom. It was up there on the most joyous moments of our lives. he has repeated this several times...even holding onto the couch or his walker and continues to walk all on his own. It is truly amazing, and his ability to walk with the wlaker and steer is tremendous.
Today at daycare I see him walking downstairs in the hallways. The teacher told me that he woke up from his nap early, crawled over to his walker and tried walking around the entire classroom..only problem was all of the other kids were lying on the floor on their maps and he was trampling them!
So he got to practice around the entire building and was so proud of himself. They said he has used the walker in class all day. I think because he sees his peers walking he is much more motivated now!

Serena is doing great. She is following directions and the routine and even has friends in class that always want to play with her. She is adjusting really well, and her language is unreal. I am so incredibly amazed by her, she is developing in leaps and bounds.

I will post pictures soon!!! I also will get a video of Edwin independently walking several steps as soon as I can!






p.s. Although Edwin has AFOs and wears them...his first steps were taken with just socks on. These pics are from tonight. He has yet to walk with his AFOs, but takes steps at school with just socks or just sneakers. So hey, we are doing whatever works. And can you tell how proud of himself he is?????

10 comments:

Randi said...

That is awesome, Stephanie. Congratulations!

KellyBru said...

Oh my gosh Steph, this is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you guys. GO EJ!!!!

Heather said...

congrats on these joyous moments!!

Sarah said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I love his huge proud smile!!

Joey said...

Truly amazing. Congratulations!!!!
I love his smile. I am so happy for you.

Joey

KellyBru said...

The pictures brought tears to my eyes. I know I said congrats last week but saying it again certainly doesn't hurt...CONGRATULATIONS!!!

He is an amazing little boy that will continue to make his mark on this world!!!!

abby said...

Fabulous news, Stephanie! I love the pictures and I cannot wait to see the video.

Nathali said...

What an awesome milestone!!! Congratulations!!!

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Way to go Edwin Jr!!! That's so wonderful!!

Kellars Mommy said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!