Thursday, July 2, 2009

First Day of Pre-School DayCare!!!!!


Wow! My babies are growing up. Yesterday they had their very first day of daycare, which is structured like a pre-school program. They went from 8:30-3:30 and did very well. Today was harder for us all to get up (I didn't sleep the night before because of anxiety..lol) so today is 9-4. They technically could go 7:30-6, but that's too long for me and them, and I only work 9-4 in the summers, so that is their schedule for July and August. The daycare is located within the same building I work in, and my office door looks directly in on their classroom; granted I don't do much office work, I am primarily in the milieu with the youth, but I have the ability to come up and check on them, which is wonderful, and really puts my mind at ease.
Both had difficulty with nap time...much different lying on a blue mat as opposed to a comfy crib, but they ended up falling asleep, which was great. They didn't drink too well, because I didn't bring a bottle as a point to teach them that they are "ion school" now and don't need it. But they took some sips from their sippy cups, edwin much better than Serena of course. PT found a loaner wheelchair for Edwin which works great and he propelled himself throughout the entire facility. It was so wonderful seeing him able to get around on his own. He also used his walker some, and had a blast. Of concern is his continued desire to put EVERYTHING in his mouth and there are things that are choking hazzards, so we have to be very careful. They both colored and made me a picture and they listened pretty well at story time. I am very pleased with how things are going. On Monday they begin daily swim, and I have a youth worker who will be taking Edwin in so he can swim the entire time! She also did a good job helping Edwin in the classroom yesterday. So far so good!

Here are some pictures of their first day!






3 comments:

Randi said...

What a wonderful place! It must be nice to know that the kids are so close by. I am happy for you all, Stephanie! Edwin and Serena are doing fantastic!

Mommato4miracles said...

So happy that things are going well. Wow can;t believe how big they are getting

KellyBru said...

They look GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad that the first day went well. They are only going to take off now girl. Watch out :)