Tuesday, February 26, 2008

AGAIN!

We're sick...again! The kids and I have gotten sick every month this year, and I barely take them out. Am I bringing this home from work? Or was this one just a result of so many coming down with stuff...Daddy, our nurses, our EI worker, etc?
It started with a runny nose from Serena on Friday...I was hoping it would go away, my gut knew better.
It started to progress yesterday. Her cough always sounds awful because of her paralyzed vocal cord and her tracheomalsia. She is needing O2 while awake today and up to 300ccs while asleep and only satting 94% with that. She is very wheezy and is needing nebs every 3 hours today. You can tell she is uncomfortable, but hates Tylenol (and all oral meds...we usually put it in milk but I wanted to make sure she got it in her system right away and she wasn't wanting the bottle) and threw that up right after we gave it to her this am...she was able to keep down a repeat dose. Edwin had a fever this am and then again this afternoon. Both are more clingly than usual.
I started with the aches yesterday, and my chest feels tight, and my glands are swollen. I'm working but I wish I was home in bed. Thankfully our nurse is there with the kids so I can save my sick days for when we don't have nursing since Edwin's training is so intense now it's hard to rely on him for 6 straight hours (the number of hours I work a day 4 days a week.)
Also, they were suppose to have their NICU follow-up today. For the second time I had to reschedule that; last month because of the RSV/pneumonia and now this.

Please spring/summer get here soon!!!!

5 comments:

Mommato4miracles said...

Our prayers are with you guys!!! WE hope that tomorrow you all wake up feeling good and not yucky germs. Don't blame yourself, it is not your fault, unfortunatley there are germs everywhere and you can't take any blame on yourself. GIve them kisses and hugs for me:)

Randi said...

Hope you all feel better real soon! Will keep the Rodriquez family in prayer!!!
I am starting to hate winter... I cannot wait for warmth!!!

Sarah said...

You're not bringing it home from work and Edwin isn't bringing it home, either. Our kids just get sick easy. Plus, you have twins. I can't imagine who hard it would be to try and keep both of them well. You're fighting an uphill battle!

I don't know about MA, but here in the midwest we're pretty much sure it will stay winter until May lol!

Rachel said...

hoping this goes away quickly and you'll all be feeling better soon!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

I am so sorry to hear that everyone is sick again :( I hope you all feel better soon!