Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Quick update on my sweeties

We had an RSV shot today. Edwin cried so hard, my tears came out. It wasn't fun :(
So, weights today: Edwin 19 lbs 9.5 ounces, Serena 18 lbs 4 ounces...they're growing.

In other news Edwin is progressing with his crawling, getting up on all fours and staying there for a few seconds, and sitting much better...even without hands on the floor on the outside of his legs. He's let go and stabilized himself a few times this week, and although he still has the exaggerated extensor tone, as long as he is content and doesn't want to turn around to crawl on me he will be a good boy and practice his sitting.
Serena is in to EVERYTHING! She cruises from here to there, and sometimes thinks she's a big girl and takes her hands off whatever she's holding onto and falls...it's scary and I hope she stops doing that soon. The other day she stood in the middle of the floor without holding onto anything for a couple of seconds! She loves to put balls into things...like her "Little People" minivan and other toys with holes in them. She LOVES her brother!
We're excited for Christmas...it'll be much better than last year!

Here is the picture of them with Santa from the "tongue" weekend...This was the first picture, all frames after this is Serena crying...lol.

And these are closeups I cropped from a picture from my my mom's house I posted 2 posts ago. Aren't they gorgeous?

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

They're so cute :) Where did you take them for the Santa pictures? We have to take Arianna still... maybe this weekend. I'm sure she'll be in tears. last year she was really good - smiled even, but this year will be different for sure.

I notice in these pictures that there is no cannula... are you don't trials off during the day time already? That would be very exciting news too!

23wktwinsmommy said...

Edwin has been on the lowest O2 amount that our pulmononlogist has his patients on...100ccs. He has been at 100 for over a month now and is very stable...98-100%. I take his O2 off for pictures once in awhile so I can have some of his beautiful face without the tubes. I thought I'd get the official okay to do an hour or so off a day, but they had to reschedule their pul appoint. I am going to call and get a verbal order to start regularly taking his O2 off, probably for either 1/2 hour or an hour a day. He is definitely ready. I find his prongs out of his nose in the morning and he isn't alarming, and Serena tears it off of his face ALL the time now, and I've had it off watching his sats and he doesn't dip at all. He's ready to kick that O2 to the curb! :)

23wktwinsmommy said...

Oh, and we just went to the mall for this Santa pic, but he wasn't very friendly!

Emily said...

The Santa picture is adorable! Both kiddos are looking so big!

All of Dakota's therapy is private. We were receiving services through EI in our home but the quality of the services they provide versus the quality of private services is quite different. With EI we were seeing virtually no progress and once we switched to private therapy she's started making leaps and bounds with her gross motor.

Kellars Mommy said...

Yes they are adorable..Kellar wasn't to fond of Santa this year, we got one good pic and then after the 2nd he had just about all he could take of Ole St Nick..Hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas!!!