Monday, December 3, 2007

'Tis the Season



It's the Christmas season and I am so excited this year. Last year we didn't celebrate because S&E were still in the NICU and it didn't feel right. This year we have a tree (fake because it's easier when the kids are this young) and the radio station that plays continuous Christmas music is usually on in the house and always while we're in the car.
I can't wait to give S&E their presents, even though they don't really get Christmas yet. Either way, I'm in the Christmas spirit and feel so blessed this holiday season.

In other news, EJ two bottom teeth FINALLY broke through. Serena has two bottom ones and her two tops ones are just breaking through. Serena is saying Mama a lot and seems to be associated it with me and says it to me when she wants me to pick her up. When she is upset, she will crawl over to me and pull to stand on my legs and say "mama mama mama", it's so amazing!

Here are some pictures of EJ sitting (with a little support from his toy) and Serena loving him! They are so close and really love each other (minus when Serena pulls his hair and tries to rip his cannula off his face.) She just did this while I was writing the post, and because we tape Edwin's cannula with Tegaderm, he let out a huge cry. I had to say "No!" to Serena and picked EJ to comfort him. I wish she would stop doing that. I think she is trying to pull his hair in the last pic too. But he always seems to forgive her. They follow each other around and want to play with whatever toy the other has. They smile at each other every morning and after naps. They really seem like they are happy to see each other. It's really cute!





4 comments:

Miracles said...

Beautiful tree! I don't think Serena is pulling Edwin's hair, looks like she's about to give him a big smooch!

By the way, I agree 100% with your last post. I'm just a little late in reading it. I am beginning to realize that some people will just never see the joy these children bring. Regardless the outcome.

23wktwinsmommy said...

haha...seee that's how she tricks you; she makes it look all innocent, but she is really asserting her dominance over her twin brother...lol

Sarah said...

So cute! I love EJ's half smile. We spent Christmas in the hospital last year as well, and I'm positively giddy this year!

Erin said...

Your babies are beautiful! I'm so glad to see how well they're doing. I saw your photo montage on youtube and followed the link here.

My son Joel was born at 25 weeks and 1 lb 1/2 oz on Sept 30, 2006. He has some developmental delays but is doing wonderfully otherwise. Those little guys are tough!

Blessings,
~Erin