Saturday, June 2, 2007

Update

Edwin's echo went fine. They confirmed that his right ventricle is enlarged, but the pedi cardiologist agreed with the pulmonologist, that Champ will need this amount of O2 for a steady few months with no weaning. So now when people ask me when he'll be off I say "probably for quite awhile longer, and that's okay because I'm just greatful he's alive." It's so true.
Champ is the most "talkative" baby I've ever met. He babbles constantly and is so interactive!
Beanie girl is my angel. She is SUCH a mellow lady. She is such a joy and smiles whenever anyone smiles at her. Serena has great head control and observes on her tummy for LONG stretches of time before needing a break. She is now holding toys more and more and bringing them to her mouth. She can be found sucking on her fingers with a smacking force! She is so stable off O2 during the day, and is on it while asleep, which does make life much easier in terms of being more mobile.
I have just recently successfully taken the kiddos out and about by myself, only places that take 5 minutes or under to drive to though!
Both kiddos smile ALL the time, only when I bring out the camera they seem to focus in on that and their smiles cease to exist. I need to get pics of their big smiles, hopefully I can capture some soon.
For now here are a BUNCH of pics from the past week!
p.s. Daddy is in Colorado Springs boxing for the USA Nationals. Top 8 in each weight class move onto the Olympic Team Trials in August. The winner in each weight class is our Olympian for next Summer's 2008 Olympics! Pray for Daddy to win here and then win in August! I'll keep you all posted. For more info Google "Edwin Rodriguez boxing" in the news sections and read recent articles about him!











3 comments:

abby said...

The kids look SOOOOOO cute! How are you guys doing? I was beginning to worry and was glad to see your post this AM.

Miracles said...

Look at the eyelashes on Champ. Truly heartbreaker eyes!

Shannon said...

I was also glad to see this post...was wondering what was happening.

Glad to here that Serena is doing well without the oxygen, and hey, you are so right about Champ and the oxygen. He is alive and that is what matters the most!