Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Daddy's Home

All has been well here, minus some health issues my mom has been suffering with. In spite of that, she was a HUGE help while Edwin was away.
But thankfully, he suprised us on Thursday and came home 2 days early, which was a blessing for everyone! He did it in a cute way as well. After work, I went to run a couple of quick errands. When I returned home I said hello to my little loves, and went into the kitchen. All of a sudden Edwin jumped out of the bathroom! It was a great surprise!
Sunday, Edwin played softball with 3 of his brothers (there are 6 boys in all!!!) and the babies and I hung out on the grass enjoying the nice weather. We then decided to go to the EcoTarium, where we saw the polar bear, some birds, and looked in the museum. It's not the greatest place, (I can't wait to go to the Aquarium in Boston), but it was a nice trip and a way to enjoy the weather and be outside with the kiddos.
This week we are watching my 4 year old brother while my Dad finishes up his last week of school (he's a teacher) and Allison is working. We had a blast yesterday taking walks and Ethan riding his bike, and Edwin and Ethan playing in the slip and slide and in the blow up pool. Serena and Edwin sat in one of those plastic baby swings shaped like an airplane. They did so well. Serena actually held onto the cables and sat up (its attached to a tree in my Dad's backyeard) and stayed like that for the entire time she swang! Edwin would let go with one hand and try to balance but I held my hand behind his back. They both thought it was great! I wish I had my camera with me!
SO all in all things are going well. Both are so social and happy, although they still refuse to smile when I take out the camera! But ask anyone who sees them, these little ones are easy to please, and they show their happiness in their big toothless grins; so adorable!
We have a few appointments this month (pedi and opthamologist) and then July 9th is the big bronchoscopy where we will spend the night at the hospital. Hopefully that will give us more info on how their airways look, and maybe they will be able to fix whatever issue Serena has with her vocal cord. Other than that, we are loving the nice weather, and enjoying this amazing time with our babies who will be 9 months actual and 5 months adjusted at the end of this month!













p.s. there was an article in our Sunday Telegram highlighting Edwin. There was also a photo published of him and Champ smiling at each other, but you can't view that on the electronic version. I will post it once it gets emailed to us! For now, here is the link to the article for all interested. if that didn't work, here is the link, just copy paste on your browser http://www.telegram.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070610/NEWS/706100547&SearchID=73283849742791

No comments: