Monday, June 25, 2007

Our weekend away...Edited


Serena is not back on O2 while awake, she had just woken up from a nap and we didn't take the cannula off before this cute shot.

***Edit*** I forgot to mention that the twins saw the pedi on Wednesday, and I got some numbers.
Serena- 13 lbs 2 ozs and 24 inches long
Edwin- 13 lbs 12 ozs and 24 and 1/4 inches long
We're still not on the charts, but they're gaining weight!

I planned on blogging last week to let you all know we were attemtping our first trip away from home, but between work and packing/panicking I got too busy.
Well, we had a wonderful time and nothing terrible happened!
We went to Maine from Thursday-Sunday. My sister lives on Sebago lake in a home my step-mom and Dad bought a couple of years ago. They come up and stay quite a bit, and my sis lives there while working as a police officer in a nearby city.
Edwin had a fight in the city, so we stayed at the lake house and went to his fight on Sat night. He won by knock out...well, it's called RSC Ref Stopped Competition. Edwin was hurting the other fighter, so the ref stops it to ensure that the other fighter didn't get seriously injured. Sometimes I can't believe this is what the father of my children will be doing for a living. He is going pro very soon, and this will provide a portion of our income...crazy.

So we had a nice time visiting with my family who came on Sunday and who had never seen the twins. Everyone thought they were so cute and LOVED how much they smile and interact.
Edwin and my sister enjoyed the jet ski, and I enjoyed bring the babies down by the water. My little brother was so sweet and helped watched and care for the babies, and of course introduced the babies to everyone. He is such a proud uncle and it is a joy to see how much he loves his neice and nephew.
We plan to go back up to Maine twice a month for the summer. It is a 3 hour drive and of course we have Champ who is completely O2 dependent, and it can be a chore to pack all of that medical stuff, but it went so well and we had so much fun, I know we'll suck it up and pack up everything time and time again.
I have pictures, but have yet to upload them. We also took a family photo for my Dad for his upcoming birthday, with myself, my sis, my little brother, and the twins, and those came out great! I will scan them and post them as soon as I get the chance.

Other than that all is well. July 9th seems right around the corner, and I am hoping the bronchoscopy goes well and we can see what is up with Serena Beana's vocal cord. I hope everyone is enjoying summer! I know we are!

2 comments:

1stson24weeks said...

Congrats on your first trip out. SOunds like the kids enjoyed them selves! I found out today that your mom works with one of my aunts at HC. Small world huh? Glad all is well.

Erika

Lynne said...

I stumbled onto your blog and have enjoyed reading a few posts. We have 29 week triplets. They were further along, but still really small - 2lb. 13oz, 1lb. 6oz, and 2lb. 3 oz.

They are almost exactly 1 year older than your twins and are doing great. We just got released from PT.

I pray that you stay strong and your babies keep doing well. You seem to really have it together.