Wednesday, August 8, 2007

A break from negativity and our trip to the zoo

I am still very upset about the way in which preemies are referred to on the blog I used to read and comment on. I feel torn because I feel I need to balance the argument, that I need to stand up for what I believe and asert my opinion, especially when negative things are written about preemies. However, I am busy with working part time and caring for S & E that I can't be consumed with other people's ignorance. I have therefore opted not to participate in that blog any more, because I have finally realized that I will never enlighten some people there, and their anger toward neonatology and the difficulties they have with acceptance of their own children is something I can't deal with any longer. I feel guilty because I want to stand up for micro preemies and their parents who chose resuscitation, but I can't respond to every inappropriate and ignorant comment. So I'm taking a break from that blog; I may return to read quality, but will no longer comment or engage in any discussions there. I'm trying to be positive, and miserable people bring me down. Thanks for letting me vent in this part of this post and my previous one.

As for now, here are pictures from Sunday when we took the twins and Edwin's youngest brothers to the zoo.














7 comments:

RANDIB said...

Wow!!! THose babies are getting so big!!! Edwin is starting to have his toddler little boy look and Beana her toddler little girl look. Cannot believe their birthday is next month!!!
Lovely pictures by the way. what is the statue of? Did you guys go to Southwicks?
Oh, Chris updated the blog! Other news, we really have to get together sometime! Maybe we can all go to the Boston Aquarium or something with the kids!
Randi

23wktwinsmommy said...

The statue is actually a woman dressed up, and she was silent expect every 5 minutes or so she would sing in Latin. It was confusing...but way cool. We went to Roger Williams Zoo because we were in Providence to drop off Edwin's oldest brother. Southwicks is better, but it was a good trip. Yes to the Aquarium and getting together. We have EI tomorrow...usually Thursdays...what about you guys? I was thinking developmental playdate sometime too?

3 good eggs said...

Oh your babies are so beautiful!! I came over from PE's blog. I have to say i defended you although it was annon comments. I agree with you completely on the debate over there.
My boys were born at 27w and if I had heard "that" term used to describe my preemies I would have hit the roof!!
Dont stop commenting on her blog. I love that you have a descenting opinion and arent afraid to express it. I need to be brave enough to use my real name...
Come by and check out my boys.

Christine

WeeOnesMommy said...

I just read this post and the last, I've been a bit behind and I am with ya steph.. I actually watched a show on the Health Channel that was about a women who had sextuplets and she lost two. One passed in the womb at 25 weeks and the other at 28 weeks and a nurse or it could of even been the doctor said " the fetus"! It blew my mind. I wanted to yell at him and say the BABY you jerk!! UGH!
Well I am glad you had a wonderful time at the zoo. Love the pics..
Hugs
Jessie

Anna said...

Foudn you through Hallie's blog, wanted to say how amazing you all are, and how wonderful the twins are just thriving, clearly with loving care!

My son Henry had a very short stay in the NICU, compared to your experience!

His story is here: http://hankandwillie.wordpress.com/2007/06/11/part-1-in-which-we-get-a-new-sandbox-and-have-a-baby/

Glad I found your story!

Miracles said...

Hey Stephanie great pics from the Zoo. It's so great to get out every once and awhile with them isn't it? You must be finding it getting easier now. I know after the first year for us things began to change as far as being able to do more "family" things.

I was just catching up on some reading on the one blog and came across the recent debate that was going on. Good for you for standing up to those women. The two of them make my blood boil most of the time. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about.
Take Care,
Shannon

Malena said...

Your family is just so stunningly beautiful! Wow! Next year the little ones will really enjoy the Zoo! :)