Monday, January 21, 2008

Happy "woulda, coulda, shoulda" Day

One year ago today I was due to have my twins. Of course there was a chance they could come earlier, being twins and all, we just didn't expect them to come 4 months early.
Anyway, today is the day we mark for Serena and Edwin's development. Today they are 1 year adjusted age and should be doing things 12 month old kiddos do.
They do a lot of things 12 months do, and there are things they don't do yet. We're working on those things every day.
I am just so thankful to have my little ones in my life, and although prematurity is at the forefront of our lives, I refuse to be sad about today. It would have been great if they made it to 40 weeks, and turned one today, but I am just thankful they were even able to celebrate a first birthday...for that we are very blessed.
So today I offered them cake that had been frozen since their birthday, (Sept 29.), Edwin ate some bites, but had filled up on his lunch and dinner and wasn't really interested. Serena didn't like it. She doesn't like ice cream either...is she related to me?
They have a little Elmo and little Oscar the Grouch, (see previous post's pictures), so today I got them a matching little Zoe, little Cookie Monster, and a little Ernie. I'll be searching for other members of the gang. Even though I see where Daddy's coming from when he said, "January 21st doesn't mean anything to me. My kids were born on September 29th," it was nice to get them a little something for today.
Unfortunately, I'm not able to upload my pictures off of my camera at the moment, but I'll edit this post and put some up when it's working again.


So, babies, you've come such a long way, and we are so blessed, so honored, so lucky to have you in our lives. LOVE YOU NOW AND FOREVER!!!

2 comments:

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Happy Adjusted Birthday S&E!!!

Emily said...

Happy unbirthday Serena and Edwin! There are so many days that remind me of horrible things, so it's nice to have extra happy ones. We celebrate real & adjusted birthdays, homecoming day and the day Noah had his CI activated. There's nothing wrong with eating a few extra pieces of cake each year. :)