Sunday, April 22, 2007

March of Dimes and a NICU visit


*UPDATE*
Daddy did make the paper...AGAIN (but this time it's credit to Serena Lynn!)

Worcester Telegram & Gazette
Monday, April 23, 2007
Walkers raise $150,000 for March of Dimes

WORCESTER— Edwin K. Rodriguez of Worcester holds his daughter, Serena L. Rodriguez, who was prematurely born, at the start of the March of Dimes WalkAmerica yesterday. Not shown in the photo are Rodriguez’s wife, Stephanie L. Rodriguez, and Serena’s twin, Edwin K. Rodriguez Jr. Hundreds of people converged on City Hall Common for the walk, a fundraising event to benefit issues of baby health. Participants navigated a 3-1/2-mile route in and around downtown, including Shrewsbury and Belmont streets, before gathering on the Common for music and food. Organizers say about 800 walkers helped raise about $150,000. Worcester’s march was one of eight in Massachusetts over a two-week span. Across the country, there will be 1,100 such fundraising events for the March of Dimes.
T&G Staff/BETTY JENEWIN


We had an amazing day. We walked in the WalkAmerica March of Dimes in our home city. We dressed the kids up and headed out into the beautiful weather. Everyone commented on how beautiful they are...we agree!
We are WAAAAY too cute!

Puppy pirate

My BEAUTIFUL girl all dolled up before the walk

Off we go!

Shading Champ from the bright sun

Mommy marching with Champ

A newsreporter took pictures of Daddy and Beana walking...we're pretty sure it'll make the paper tomorrow!
Daddy and his baby girl

Champ slept through most of the walk...thank goodness...he is getting heavy!

Serena was held through almost the entire walk. She loved looking around!
I LOVE it outside!!!

Grammy and Beana

And again

We passed by the NICU on our walk, and talked to the nurses and neonatologists standing outside. It was hot and too sunny and the kids needed diaper changes and some lunch, so we decided not to finish the walk but to go into the NICU for some rest, shade, and a visit.
NICU nurse Lisa and Serena

NICU nurse Sue and Edwin! His #1 primary!

It was so fun to FINALLY enjoy the nice weather with Serena and Edwin...we can't wait to do it again soon!
Hey everyone thought we were so cute

Yeah...we're pretty amazing

Beanie relaxing at home after her busy day of walking and visiting the NICU

Champ sleeping with Dad after his busy day

7 comments:

Jonathan said...

Thanks for letting me know about the link, I think I have fixed it now! I will post pictures soon, I got a new computer a few weeks ago, and I can't use my old pix program anymore. So I have to learn how to post pictures all over again ;(

Jon, my rock, makes it possible for me to do all the things I do. Without his constant support and help I would have gone crazy a long time ago.

We will be walking to save babies a week from Saturday... our team is small, but every penny counts! We are just $155 away from our team goal! If anyone is interested in donating, please visit our team web page at: http://www.walkamerica.org/s_team_page.asp?seid=393149

Unknown said...

The previous comment was mine, I had to use my husband's login to change the stuff on our blog... and I forgot I was using his account :( I would be a really bad thief! Anyway, our team site got cut off... it is http://www.walkamerica.org/393149

WeeOnesMommy said...

Awesome job guys.. what a great day.. Our walk is May 5th, i can't do the one in Boston, where we live now, cause it's too soon after my surgery I just had, so I am doing the one in my home town of Taunton..
www.walkamerica.com/jessicakoren is our link.. Last year we raised over $1000 this year so far we are way way under that but every penny helps right.. I am glad you 4 had a wonderful day..
Jessie

WeeOnesMommy said...

UGH!! sorry girl my MOD link for the walk is www.walkamerica.com/jessicaferris

Sorry my brain is lost and i still haven't found it..

Miracles said...

Looks & sounds like you guys had a great time as well as a great day for the walk.
Great picture's as always of all of you!!

Kim said...

I found your site thru someone elses' i think the Guinn Triplets, what a couple of strong little miracles you have! Congrats, they sure are beautiful.

Shannon said...

I just LOVE all the pics that you have up!! Especially that red outfit that Serena is wearing!! Too cute!