Friday, September 28, 2007

2nd try at this

I tried to post earlier and I had a video, but I couldn't get it to be visible after I published it. I then ended up deleting the post altogether.
The info the Dir of MOD sent me is in Word and Adobe files and it is a lot to post on here. I looked on the MOD website and a lot of the information appears there as well. The link is http://www.marchofdimes.com/professionals/691.asp

I want to continue this discussion soon, but for now let's bring it back to Serena and Edwin since tomorrow is the BIRTHDAY!!!!
First, my mom talked to my aunt and we have a little info on the girls. One of them has an open PDA and I'm sure they'll be trying meds. My aunt said one had fluid in the brain...not sure if they are talking about a IVH because this is coming from my cousin, who then tells my aunt, who then tells my mom. My mom and I know far too much about prematurity so we sometimes forget this is all new to my cousin. They are both on ventilators but are stable for now. Thank you all for your concern. I am hoping their NICU course is as smooth as possible. I can't get over how much "older" they look at birth compared to Serena and Edwin.

So tomorrow is the day...the day that changed our lives forever. The scarest day of my life but then the again it was the best day because they were born alive and considered viable.

In twin's news...
Serena has cut her 2 bottom teeth!!!! She can pick up a spoon and feed herself and Edwin can as well. Serena is officially crawling and not just inch worming. She has almost pulled herself to stand a bunch of times this past week and is sooo close.
Edwin is getting stronger and is climbing up on the spinning toy we have and grabbing the twirling cups off of it. Hopefully I can figure out how to post these videos. I posted them eating Gerber puffs on You Tube.
So tomorrow should be so fun, even though both kiddos are sick. We are now giving them albuterol via neb treatments, oral steroids for a 5 day course, and now Flovent BID until the spring. Respiratory wise we still have a long way to go and this cold has really taken a toll on them. I wish I could just magically give them healthy lungs...it is heartbreaking and scary to see your children struggle to breathe. I can't wait until this cold passes.

So I will have plenty of pictures and hopefully video of tomorrow.
I am not going to write a post about what happened last year. I documented it in a post back in January. Tomorrow is a day of celebration. I'm trying not to go back to the panic of last year. This year we are celebrating 2 beautiful babies who we love more than anything!!!

7 comments:

Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nathali said...

We can't wait to see the pictures. Hope they feel better for their birthday!!

Mommato4miracles said...

We love you guys!!! Give them hugs and kisses from me, as I am sure Sammy will. Sorry we couldn't be there, we are there in love and spirit though. I can't wait to see them:)

Miracles said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SERENA & EDWIN!!!!!

WeeOnesMommy said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!

Shannon said...

A belated happy birthday to Serena and Edwin!!! *big hugs*

Sarah Furlough said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you got lots and lots of attention and many great gifts!