Sunday, September 23, 2007

The week that changed our lives forever

Tomorrow marks the anniversary of the week that changed our lives forever.
Last year on this date I was waiting for Edwin to come home from Abu Dabi where he was on an international boxing trip. I was 22.7 weeks pregnant with my b/g twins. With my OB's consent, we had just booked our flight to California for another boxing tournament. We planned to depart on Friday September 29...if you know the twin's birthdate you'll know we never made that flight...
This is a very emotional week for us...as many preemie mothers before me have articulted, I have mixed feelings about this week. The birth of my children was so bittersweet. Mostly though, I am so thankful for their lives, that this week will end up being a very joyous occasion, especially with their birthday party on Saturday, which I am sooo excited for! I will post every day this week to document what at happened at this time last year...

p.s. We are still sick. Beanie is probably fairing the best of all of us. Edwin has been having a tough time with mucous build up which is causing him to gag, cough and throw up, but he is happy when awake and is playful...he is still asleep now...yesterday he slept until 10am, although he had been up many times during the night. It's really amazing how colds take such a huge toll on our preemies. Hopefully, they will be better by their birthday!

4 comments:

Sarah Furlough said...

I know how difficult this week is for you, and probably always will be. Thinkingof you in the coming days.

Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Sarah said...

It is difficult... I totally understand.

-Sarah
http://sydney_lou_who.livejournal.com

abby said...

I've been thinking about you guys as the twins' birthday nears....big hugs from us, and wishes for an speedy end to boogers and congestion!

Lisa said...

I wish you a gentle week.

(hugs)