Thursday, September 6, 2007

NICU nurses come to visit



Hello all...

I'm taking a break from writing about Serena and the poop and mysterious thing we found in her food. All things needed to be sent off to various labs have been, and I will update as soon as I know anything. Thanks for your concern. I think she is doing okay minus her continued increase in pooping, which is actually a good thing provided it is only because her body is becoming more regular. So onto more exciting news...
Today we had a wonderful visit with two of our beloved NICU nurses. It was great to see them, and they brought two really cool birthday presents for the kiddos...a guitar and drum that plays music in both English and Spanish! Thanks Melissa and Sue we love the toys (and the kids like them a whole lot too! :) )
It was nice to have the nurses witness S&E playing, cooing, and exploring everything. After seeing them so sick in the NICU it is nice for them to see them so happy and relatively healthy. Of course we still have our health issues and unknowns, but S&E are soooo happy and loving, it is great to share the joy they bring with people who helped saved their lives. There are no words to thank our wonderful NICU nurses who did such an amazing job caring for our little ones and who honestly love them so very much. Danielle, one of our three nurses who help care for S&E, was also there and it was so nice to get everyone together.
We are sending out a mass email to everyone on the massive list who gets the updates on the twins to tell them about S&E's 1st Bday party which will be on their actual birthdate Sept 29. I am also sending an invitation to the NICU for people to pass around and spread the word to everyone whose email addresses we don't have. We want everyone to come celebrate the miraculous first year of Serena and Edwin's lives. They have been touched and are loved by so many and we want everyone to get together and just have fun! Email me for more info!!!
Here are pics from today. Edwin sat up assisted for 30 plus seconds a couple of times today!!!! It's a first! He balanced himself sooo well!
And Beanie is eating so well. She even took her spoon in her hand and as I guided it to scoop the baby food, she brought it to her mouth and fed herself...opening her mouth WIDE! (Sorry no pics of that yet.) I'm so proud of my sweeties!


I love my feet!



Our NICU nurses, Auntie Suzzie and Auntie Melissa!






Look at me!!!!


That hand was just in case...it was not helping me at all!!!



So proud!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

At times Champ looks so much like my William! The top picture, especially. I'll have to try to post a look-alike picture for you soon.

They are very cute! I love it when they discover feet!

23wktwinsmommy said...

yeah do that!

Kristi said...

I came across your blog while browsing youtube videos.

We have 26 weeker triplets who are now 5 months old. (2 months adjusted) They were 1lb 13 oz, 1lb 14oz, and 2lb 3oz.

I watched your video and cried like a little baby! Your babies are such miracles. They are truly AMAZING!! I will add your blog to my favorites list so I can check in on those two little cuties!!

We have a blog too! http://www.krististrio.blogspot.com

Kristi